Life is dynamic. It is full of events and responsibilities. Some of those events can worn you out but that does not mean you can not be happy. We need to work on our physical, emotional and spiritual state. The following are some simple rules that can become the foundation for your happiness and motivation. Make a small step to the better version of you every day.
- Organize yourself. If you organize your days in a nice and comfortable way, you will find yourself being more relaxed and confident. One good tip here is to deal with the most difficult and massive tasks in the morning. If you leave them for later, you will feel burdened the whole day; who needs that?
- Develop and pursue a hobby or interest. There is no better time for it than now. You shouldn’t wait for a special perfect day to start learning how to play the guitar or speak Spanish. When you do something that you love, it gives your mind a break from other stressful thoughts and you get energized.
- Exercise every day. Just be active! You don’t have to exhaust yourself with strenuous physical activities so that you cannot get out of bed the next day. The most important thing is that you do it every day. You can do house work, play with kids, or walk the dog. After a couple of weeks you will feel differently about exercising. Remember, exercise has so much benefits that is also known as “poor mens plastic surgery”.
- Eat fruits and vegetables. Well, yes, it doesn’t sound fun and you’ve heard it many times. However, this tip is always vital. Fresh fruits and vegetable offers so much nutrients and vitality to body that you just can not get from chips. Just do it and you will see the difference soon.
- Be supportive and get support. Surrounding yourself with like-minded group of people are a great motivation for exercising. If you find someone to go with you, it is even better. Maybe you both lack friendly pushes to do the whole thing.
- Drink water. Drinking a big amount of water every day has lots of benefits. Nutritionists and doctors advise drinking at least eight glasses of water per day. It doesn’t include any other liquids such as coffee or soda.
- Appreciate other people. Never miss an opportunity to praise people around you. It gives happiness to other people as well as to you. Remember happiness is contagious.
- Smile. Laughter is good medicine. Not only you burn calories with laugh but it gives you many benefits. For example, a good laugh releases lots of endorphins that make you happier. People want to be around people who are cheerful. Just a smile is enough to build a happy feeling around you.
- Spend time with family. How much time do you spend with your spouse and your kids? No matter what your answer is, it is never enough. You should spend more quality time together, support each other and take care of each other. Make sure you participate in your family’s life and don’t just live together and occasionally share meals. Family is a great support for all your efforts and challenges in life.
- Enjoy today. Make the best for your day today. Set goals for the day (not just career or work related but spiritual goals). Aims to do something just for yourself (not for job or family). As master Oogway said it best, “Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery but Today is a gift; that is why it is called present“.
- Remember there is only one thing that is constant is change. There are many troubles and failures in life; there are many bad events that suck you in. Ask yourself if this problem matters in a year, five or ten years. Everything passes and soon you forget about bad things.
- [amazon text=Don’t Give Up: Live Your Dream&asin=1514780968]
- [amazon text=How to Stop Procrastinating And Start Getting Things Done Now!&asin=1506143660]