A genuine voiced laughter can have a tremendous positive effect on your health.Â Laughter increases endorphins, strengthens immune system, burns calories and increases hope & self-esteem.
Laughter is a mini-workout
A genuine laugh can burn extra calories. According to a study published in International Journal of Obesity in May 2006  showed that laughter causes a 10-20% increase in Energy Expenditure (EE) and heart rate (HR) above resting values, which means that 10-15 min of laughter per day could increase total EE by 40-170 kJ (10-40 kcal). A few calories every day translates to a few pounds a yearâ€”so keep laughing!
Stronger Immune System
According to an article recently published in Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine , laughter may reduce stress and increase natural killer cell levels, a type of white blood cell that attacks cancer cells. Laughing also promotes an oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange and clears airways. Muscles and joints are flexed and stretched, promoting muscle tone.
Watch this videos! I am sure it will make you laugh!
- Laughter Yoga on Discovery Channel (You Tube Video)
- Laughter Yoga in London -BBC News
- Laughter Yoga -CNN Report
- Buchowski MS, Majchrzak KM et al.Energy expenditure of genuine laughter. Int J Obes (Lond). 2007 Jan;31(1):131-7. 2006 May 2
- Bennett MP, Zeller JM, Rosenberg L, et al. The effect of mirthful laughter on stress and natural killer cell activity. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. 2003;9:38-45.